• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone working on an MTVR?

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been collecting parts for a future MTVR build for a few years. Wondering if anyone else is doing the same or know of any finally rebuilding one. Did that one in California ever get worked on or?

sandcobra164

I work at MCLB Albany. I've seen the frame rails and every stage in between a broken truck we receipted for back to a ready for issue "new" truck of all variants. I'd love to have one but only a hand-full have made it out through the DRMO process. Those that have made it out are in really bad shape from what I've seen.

sandcobra164

Working on it is not hard. There are just alot more wires than an M923 and the drivetrain is electronically controlled. Cat C12, Allison 7 speed and CTIS. I've seen them taken down to the framerails quite often and made into a brand new truck. I like the video but only disagree with it's top speed called out by the narrator. MTVR's can go 65 mph down the highway. If there would have been an operator in the 7 ton, he could have lit the smoke cannons at the top of the hill to show the way to the narrator how to find the peak. I have seen a few released but they were basically scrap. I would love to have one though!

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Working on it is not hard. There are just alot more wires than an M923 and the drivetrain is electronically controlled. Cat C12, Allison 7 speed and CTIS. I've seen them taken down to the framerails quite often and made into a brand new truck. I like the video but only disagree with it's top speed called out by the narrator. MTVR's can go 65 mph down the highway. If there would have been an operator in the 7 ton, he could have lit the smoke cannons at the top of the hill to show the way to the narrator how to find the peak. I have seen a few released but they were basically scrap. I would love to have one though!
I want the controlled one to drive me around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks