• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARB Snorkel Warning!

2INSANE

Do not install an ARB snorkel to your 6.2 or 6.5 TURBO diesel. The outlet is only 3” wide and does not give enough air flow to the motor, that is if you have a turbo.

After installing the filter indicator after the filter on my motor, I have learned that the snorkel starves the motor of precious air and can cause major problems. Luckily, I caught this in time…

I am not sure how it performs on a non turbo 6.2 or 6.5.

Last edited:

Keith_J

3 inch diameter isn't enough? The 6.2 gulps 350 standard cubic feet per minute. At 10 PSI boost, that is 600 cubic feet per minute.

A 3 inch diameter pipe has flow area of 7 square inches, at 600 cubic feet per minute, that is velocity of about 200 feet per second, a velocity less than 1/5th sonic limit. It won't make a measurable impact on performance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks