• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic bed heater

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very unusual. That makes your deuce unique. The only place I've ever seen one of those was on some old deuces in Alaska. I don't think you'll need that in SC, but it's neat anyway.

jwaller

No I'll never need it but I like the unusual and I want the odd stuff on my deuce.

You never know what option you will see on my truck next.

ke5eua

Hey, when Columbia, SC goes into a horrible blizzard, at least you have something warm to drive the troops, I mean kids around in.

Ahh, Fort Jackson in December ('01) brings back some memories, mainly the ones of the frostbite I got on my fingers and toes.

rustystud

I was in a deuce in the Marines that had one when I was going to Tank School at Fort Knox. It was winter and the temp had dropped down to the single digits ! ( I never knew Kentucky could get so cold ! ) I was never more thankful after a training session out on the firing range to ride back in a deuce that had a heater in the bed !

TreadLite

I've got a heater with the arctic bed cover and it heats up pretty quick back there. Mine takes a while to start up, maybe a minute or so. Is that normal? It sounds like a little jet engine.

Venture7

Does the heater give off a lot of fumes? If say, you wanted to camp in the back and have it run for a bit while sleeping could it be done?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
all these heaters have a combustion chamber and external exhaust pipe just like a miniature home furnace. starting time varies but is usually about 45 seconds, it depends on what type of glow plug it uses and on some it helps to have some asbestos type material loosely on the hot part of the plug to act as a wick. i used a 800 series heater diverter for this install. only 20k btu but plenty.
heater.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks