• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic Cover

Marlboro

Is the cover different from a winch truck than a non-winch truck? I just bought one for my winch truck and there's not enough room between the winch and the radiator guard to slide the cover down.

DavidB

Yes a slight difference ,winch model has a small leather patch on the lever side and non winch is longer by a little.Tight pull through grill guard and rear of winch.Have both no pictures,sorry.
DavidB

cbvet

I don't believe there is any difference other than the extra "patch" that the winch lever rubs against.
If it's really that tight, I wonder if you have an odd radiator guard?

Marlboro

I noticed the patch and figured it to be for the winch lever or there was a hole. I didn't have much time to work with it today, tomorrow I'll try to fit it behind the winch. Guess I have until October to figure it out. Any close up pictures of the arctic front cover would be great.
Thanks, Marlboro.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indeed, the flap is the first part of the cover that I thread through behind the winch clutch lever. I use a long pair of needle-nose pliers to grab the flap from underneath. Try to pull it through as straight (without folds) as possible and watch the rad fins!

It comes off 3 times easier than it goes in...

03silverado

Make sure that at one time your winch was not reeled in to far bending the rear crossbar behind the winch in front of the radiator this could be causing your woes mine on my M813A1 is bent to **** now here is the fun part if it is bent to **** like mine its gonna be fun trying to straighten it out there isn't much room for a wrench to losen those bolts to remove them. Good luck

Buford650

Just bought an Arctic Grille Cover. Is there an installation manual for this? There are a lot of hoops that came with it that have screws. I assume these need to mounted to the truck. Once they are mounted, they must line up with the slots in the cover. What then?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Arctic Grille Covers are not inter-changeable, that is those slots, I have found, are differen't from cover to cover. So if your going to mount one, hang onto it & protect the lense covers when in storage. That said, I get it in place, centered & mark through the slot with a felt tip pen, the two centered. Then hold the loop in place & drill the holes, etc. Mount the cover on the 1st two, then stretch it to the side & mount a couple more, till you get it in place. I've never had a manual or seen one. If you get the plastic lense covers muddy, use plenty of water to clean them, or they will scratch up. Other winterization tricks, if you have a hot water heater for the cab, is to plug the scoop with a rag & divert the air intake, into the engine area (fuel heaters exempt).

rustystud

The Arctic Grille Covers are not inter-changeable, that is those slots, I have found, are differen't from cover to cover. So if your going to mount one, hang onto it & protect the lense covers when in storage. That said, I get it in place, centered & mark through the slot with a felt tip pen, the two centered. Then hold the loop in place & drill the holes, etc. Mount the cover on the 1st two, then stretch it to the side & mount a couple more, till you get it in place. I've never had a manual or seen one. If you get the plastic lense covers muddy, use plenty of water to clean them, or they will scratch up. Other winterization tricks, if you have a hot water heater for the cab, is to plug the scoop with a rag & divert the air intake, into the engine area (fuel heaters exempt).
You never want to take engine air and put it in your cab ! That is a easy way to get really sick. Unless your engine is spotless and doesn't leak a drop of oil then maybe you could get away with it. I've been in a truck that someone did that too. The oily air coated everything. The windshield, the floors, my lungs ! It was not pretty !!! I ended up with Bronchitis after that. Always bring in "fresh" outside air for the cab, no matter how cold it is. Or recirculate the cab air through the heater.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks