• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic heater?

yes I am intrested/ no I am not

• Total voters

blackhueys

Was wondering if anyone here would be interested in the complete heater set up for under hood? Both heaters all mounting hardware etc, none of the canvas stuff just whats under hood and the in cab controller box. basically a 95 percent complete kit where all you would need is some bolts and a few little things.

chief1983

My 'yes count me in' is very cost-dependent. I don't know if it's worth more to me than I paid for the truck, but these kits often seem to approach that. I do intend to keep working on the truck for the time being, so eventually a significant heating investment would be worthwhile. Especially since I want to take her on a winter Rockies tour some day.

blackhueys

not sure on the price as of now thinking around 1000 to 1200 area. The pans are nos and have some light rust in them I just cleaned it off with a brush and changed the oil after a bit. The oil lines are supposed to be the same as far as part numbers go but they are not, what i did was just bought 2 more lines and put all 4 together looks good and better then what was required.

blackhueys

also I do have the install guide if somebody can tell me how to upload it or if they want me to email them a copy send me a pm with email address

Last edited:

chief1983

I'm in the middle of some other woes with my 1009, if it was running like it ought to I'd be near ready to buy one today, but I'd hesitate spending that much on it without even knowing what's wrong with her yet.

NICK_M1009

1,000-1,200 dollars.. American??? I can buy alot of goodies for that. NO DISS-RESPECT, but in my case if I drove my blazer in the winter in Michigan the salt would make it swiss cheese in 2-3 years. I store mine for the winter.

Do you have any pics of this heater? Just curious.

Dave87

I'd be curious to see it. i too live in michigan and store my truck during the winter..... stupid salt. I ;ike to spend money on things i don't need so...... maybe:p

blackhueys

plenty of pics on here just look up arctic or winter heater you ll find a lot of good pics. sad to say I can not get a hold of my contact as of now so there will be a delay. Yes it might be alot of cash but all you pay for is the kit and shipping mean while I have to drive over 5 hours round trip to get the rest of the parts to make complete kits. If you dont want one cool beans with me but dont b**ch about costs. either you want it or not the price is not firmly in stone yet either. I like my kit has great heat and while the install was time consuming it was worth it! I scanned the install manual as well for free (about 3 hours worth or work on my one page scanner) for anyone who wants it send me a pm.

Attachments

chief1983

Summer's almost over, and I think I got my truck's starting issues sorted out. Now that I think I'm happy with it, I'm really leaning towards wanting one of these kits. Just thought I'd mention that and see if these were ever going to materialize.

blackhueys

Yes I did finally get the items together I have my m1009 done and love it I converted to kero (was informed these heaters work better with kero) like the deuce and five ton guys did, runs way better starts better and no smoke I will try to get some pics of what I did but basically fuel jerry can in stock m1009 location then ran metal line to the front and connected to the arctic heaters fuel pump.. I have been trying to get a inventory of what all I still have as it is alot battery boxes one set left air and coolant heaters about 4 of each. all fuel lines and most fittings. Brackets to mount heaters air tubes for the air heater. the other style blower motor housing with new blower motor (this is different then a stock one). all exhaust pieces and flex pipe. The list goes on and on with what I still have. I have an ad in the classifieds that says some more. Send me a pm and I can send you a copy of the install guide let me know the part numbers you have and I will see if I have them (85 percent of the time I will) till then I will start to work on the inventory list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks