• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are market lights required to be legal?

ramdough

Do you have to have them day one or is that a nice to have. I imagine temporary boxes don’t need them, but when is it a requirement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

Do you have to have them day one or is that a nice to have. I imagine temporary boxes don’t need them, but when is it a requirement?

Was referring to the box markers. Not the cab in case anyone is wondering?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Ca, yes. Amber on the top front and each lower front corner, red on the top rear and the lower rear corners. Container trailers, yes, not the box. and I believe that red/white reflective tape is a requirment too.

For your viewing pleasure....

ramdough

In Ca, yes. Amber on the top front and each lower front corner, red on the top rear and the lower rear corners. Container trailers, yes, not the box. and I believe that red/white reflective tape is a requirment too.

For your viewing pleasure....

From that link, it looks like no extra lights than are already on the truck are required. Did I read that wrong? I would be under 30 feet long.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
From that link, it looks like no extra lights than are already on the truck are required. Did I read that wrong? I would be under 30 feet long.

Considering that you are in Texas, here is the law.

You might be well advised to consider driving in other states might have other rules and DOT Federal rules might be a good source of information. See Attached.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea like he said the permantly mounted box front top corners in yellow and atleast one top/bottom center side of trailer yellow and red on top and bottom all 4 corners seen from side and rear ! Container haulers just have the tote trailers lite up the container is cargo not permantly mounted so no lights !

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might be well advised to consider driving in other states might have other rules and DOT Federal rules might be a good source of information.
I have read on here and other places that states have reciprocity agreements, and if something is legally titled in one state, regardless of the rules of the state being visited, the registration, etc... is honored by the hosting state.

The easy example is front plates. Not all states require them, and if yours doesn't but you visit mine which does, you won't get a ticket.

The underlying premise is that you're legal in your home state though, so do your homework on that end, and it's generally a good thing to be compliant and consistent with federal DOT regs as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks