• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are the Forums now the Classifieds?

HeadWizard

Recently, it appears that a greater percentage of the Forum posts are really full blown classified ads thinly disguised as "items members are selling on Ebay" or elsewhere. Many posts are just ads and nothing else. It seems split between Newbies and long term members, who are doing the posting.

More and more members believe that their ad should be the exception to the "rule".

I agree that sometimes it is nice to see some of the rare items available, but must we see full details of every M1009 or jerry can or 9.00 NDT tire that's for sale?

This post is maybe directed at the Mods for their opinions, but what do the rest of us think?

I have donned my flame suit and have extinguishers ready.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any pictures of said Converters? Was this a selfless ploy to get these sold(discretely covered as a rant):wink: Oh, is there any shame in the world:oops:.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMJ, you need to "go advanced" the next time you post, and uncheck the box that says
"Disable smilies in text" to get the smileys to work correctly.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, anyone want to buy a slightly smashed 1009. Ran great when parked.
I am fairly new to the cucv, but does it have a "Battlefield Damage Assessment" TM? Maybe it is savable?:roll: If not, do you want to sell the alternators? How much?

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently, it appears that a greater percentage of the Forum posts are really full blown classified ads thinly disguised as "items members are selling on Ebay" or elsewhere. Many posts are just ads and nothing else. It seems split between Newbies and long term members, who are doing the posting.
Wanna mess with everyone, Lets have a conversation in the Classifieds!:-D

Bill W

I was gonna post that I still had a Mack lower gasket set for sale but after reading this I guess I'll just go post it in the Classifieds after all I wouldn't want to use this thread as a excuse to sell something like a NOS 90 piece gasket set for only $50.00 :roll:. Besides I need to go to classifieds anyway and list my Duece (sprag) transfer case...Oh and that M-37 transfer also for sale cheap....and that nos turbo add on kit which I found lying under that M-151 heater that I need to get rid of too........

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Come on guys. Have a little respect for Don. He posted a serious thread for our consideration.

We have been a little lax around here. I even broke the rules when I posted my 932A2 in the forum. Sorry. :cry: My desperation got the best of me. I try to encourage people to use the classifieds as much as possible. The new software is a lot better. It still needs a little tweaking, but it's a lot better.

People like to use the excuse that nobody sees their items in the classifieds so that is why they post them in the forum. We are trying to attract people to classifieds. That's why we have the little sample bar on the side of the home page.

Please make good use of the ads section and refrain from posting your items for sale in the forums. It really does help keep the forum less cluttered. I will try to do a better job policing the forums.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks