• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

armored dome light install pics, PLEASE

KsM715

Ive seen it mounted in a softtop by using something like 1/2" or 3/4" onehole EMT straps (electrical conduit) mounted on the two bows at the back of the top above the window. In a hardtop I would fabricate something that would run from the windshield to the back where the top bolts to the back of the top above the window. That way there are no holes put into the top that might leak.

RAYZER

Ive seen it mounted in a softtop by using something like 1/2" or 3/4" onehole EMT straps (electrical conduit) mounted on the two bows at the back of the top above the window. In a hardtop I would fabricate something that would run from the windshield to the back where the top bolts to the back of the top above the window. That way there are no holes put into the top that might leak.
Yep,i just did mine,don't have to use the phone flashlight any more!

Last edited:

KsM715

Thats it. Not the onehole straps I was thinking,but thats the location. In a hardtop it wouldnt be hard to bend some emt and flatten the ends to mount to the windshield and the back of the top then use the same mounting procedure as "post #9" in that other thread.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Post number 1 in that thread shows a hard top installation without any holes trough the top. I think that's exactly what the OP wants. I would add a ground lead rather than counting on contact through those straps, but mechanically it looks fine to me.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is mounted on the dash and even though it does help, it's not the ideal spot. I wish I had mounted mine somewhere on the top.

islandguydon, this might help. I just used a small piece of bent stock and clamped mine to the hard top brace using two bolts through the bottom mounting holes only. It is on there very tightly and there is no vibration or movement at all, good ground too. Cheap and easy but not perfect, no need to drill or weld the top though.
Just my 2cents -GM

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks