• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

armored vehicle compilation video

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If the justice system in this country has failed to the point where civilian law enforcement agencies need these vehicles and that type of firepower then we as a country are doomed.

It reminds me of the scenes of the Waco debacle where military vehicles were used against civilians. Criminals or not, those were American citizens and the Constitution prohibits the use of active duty military soldiers or equipment against them. The BATF, FBI and other federal agencies knowingly violated the rights of those people.

And before the flaming starts let me state that I support the rule of law and all my local LEOs' and I believe that they should have the best equipment to do their job. But there are limits to what that equipment should be.

A few years ago the BATF wanted to take surplus Bronco aircraft out of military hands and use them against whomever they precived as a threat. That did not mean as observation platforms, they would have been equipped with offensive weapons. Fortunantly the scheme was exposed and their plan was thwarted.

Read the after action reports about the abuses by the New Orleans PD after Katrina.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WM...you made some semi valid points but:

I support what wgtactical and his folks do 100% and I am convinced those vehicles will never be used on traffic stops or "Bubba's mad at the world and holed up with a shotgun" type situations.

I certainly don't wanna get a good intentioned thread closed, but I gotta say...we all know there are select groups of "American Citizens" born and raised here that have radical agendas.
Even here in Columbus, Georgia...the "good guys" are out gunned by the "others".

You have been to the compound, and it has grown X 2...our LEOs and surrounding county LEOs know where we are and what we can provide to help them...except weapons.

How can that be a bad thing?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PB....all I am saying is that the potiential for abuse is there.

We all like to think that the powers-that-be have our best interests at heart.

But to quote a line from a famous movie (Porgy and Bess) "It ain't necessarily so".

I assume that the person who posted the video has a vested interest in refurbing these vehicles for the respective agencies.....that is fine by me, this is a capitalist country.

I hope they are never used for nefarious purposes.

The fact remains that the road to HeII is paved with good intentions.

L999here

...never again...

Yea...I got the same feelings. I saw Waco and I know Randy Weaver (Ruby Ridge). Local PD knows they can use my armor if necessary...but not for that kind of abuse of citizens. The last time was the Montana Free-men....ATF and the FBI were warned that they had better not do the Waco thing again...or there would be MAJOR repercussions. That resulted in the longest peaceful end to a stand-off in FBI history. People forget the abuses that occurred....I won't. I can't....

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the videos.

Some confrontations evolve from a situation where the government acting on misinformation, malicious lies, or even its own contrivances intended to make media mountains out of molehills, paved its own way to the hot place by violating the rights of citizens who as Americans were not going to lie down and take it. It's a free country but there is always a potential price to be paid for freedom right here inside the borders, but there should not be. When that price is paid, the government agency is usually at fault for allowing it to go that far. Negligence. Each time one of those things has happened, it is amazing that almost none of those involved in the violations against the citizen(s) are punished.:cookoo: Being fired is not punishment. That is why it is important to lawfully control the departments' and agencies' power and authority so that those kinds of criminal abuses can not happen, and use the elected representatives to do it. That is what they are there for and one reason why we elect them.

emr

Strong Opinion, Law enforcement has no right to go so far as to use armored equipment, I do not want to get started, all people in ALL Jobs should be polite and professional at ALL times, Never should any authority over any American have such potential Period. [thumbzup]

mcmullag

Andy & Barney

I enjoyed the video of military vehicles moving around, but I am concerned with regular police departments of cities needing these armored vehicles to use against citizens or just human beings in the USA.
Seeing a tank crashing into the wall of the building in Waco is disturbing. I support the efforts of law enforcement but I side with wreckerman on this deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks