• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Army/Navy store in Grand Gorge NY ?

FrankenCub

Anyone here know of the surplus store in Grand Gorge NY? He has a couple M1008's I was thinking of taking the drive out there tomorrow to look over. Hoping someone knows the guy and may be able tell me some about him. He said neither of them are running, although he was driving one when it didn't restart one day. The other he never bothered to try to start. I'm kinda hesitant to drive all that way though, for a truck I can't hear run.
Any info on him?

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been there once about a year ago, Nice older gentleman, small retail store stuffed to the gills with low value WW1 and later dated clothing, arm patches and such. Large property with little parking, a few large out buildings but I didn't feel welcome or weren't allowed to wander through his buildings. He has a lot of military vehicles of all sizes with no rhyme or reason as to were he parked them thru out the property, some good but a lot were parts trucks. He did have a few nice restorable M-37s out back but he didn't want to part with any of them. He mentioned to me that his ultimate goal is start a Military Museum and I thought his prices reflected that. I still enjoyed my chat with him and didn't want to leave without buying something so I bought a couple of new boonie hats for $18 each. When I got home I noticed one was a factory second and the other had a tag made in China. But all in all I would not hesitate to visit again even if its just to browse.

FrankenCub

He's asking $3k for one of the M1008's, from others I've been looking at on the web for sale I thought it was reasonable, if the body is as solid as he states. I'm thinking the no start issue could be an easy fix seems it was running a day before. As he claims. Otherwise I can't comment more on his prices, never been there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks