• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atomic Cannon, M37, and some UMV's...

Numbers

Not sure what one of them is but the rest are easily Identified. Processing pictures and will have them posted tomorrow.

Short story, went on trip to political rally in Fancy Farm, KY. Stayed with my uncle. Uncle was an Army Veteran from the early 50's to late 50's stationed in Germany with a Medical unit. Drove 2 1/2 ton support vehicles but mostly drove an M37 (I think) ambulance. The unit supported the guys who were on the Atomic Cannon unit. Up close photos of unique markings on the carriage unit. Was involved in the only time he was aware of that the cannons actually moved out for real firing (Soviet invasion of Hungary). Obviously nothing was actually fired or many of us would not be here today.

On way home, Army units all over mobilizing and training on the road. A UMV (unidentified military vehicle) seen what was some form of tow truck / crane unit / workshop area. Massive unit that was parked at local gas station near Greenville.

Anyways, this post is a precursor to what I thought was an interesting weekend.

nopics

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an M1074 PLS truck. Don't know and could not find another example of the UMV in the 2nd pic, and the one in the 1st pic is the MMMBBQ, a very rare model, I think in DD's book, U.S. Military Vehicles Field Guide, he gave it a 1 for scarcity and placed no value on it only because there were no other known models to exist..except for the one at Aberdeen :drool:

Numbers

I think you nailed the designation on the grill. Nice job. I have no idea on the second pic either but I am sure someone here will ID it. I believe it might have been an ex-K9 transport vehicle...

Numbers

Sorry so long in posting this. Camera went on another trip without me...

The scribbling on the side of the structure states "best by test" and other than that I am not sure of the rest of these pictures. They were photos of photos and glossy photos are a pain to take photos of without glare.

Attachments

Jones

Good call on the MMMBBQ. I first thought the larger HFSBBQ until I saw that it had singles, not duals?
Second pic could be.
Third is HMMWV, PLS and shelter.
Atomic cannon including front and rear power units.
Gasser deuce.
Ambulances are M43s if memory serves me.
50's era Cad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks