• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATTN: Armarillo Texas!! Oct. 12-16

whyme

this is a rather special request im making for a new friend of mine, his name is Joe Battaglia and he is a former member of the 26th Engineer Bn who served in Vietnam starting in 1969. i met him by chance and after seeing his photos and listening to his stories ive grown fond of the man.

last night as i chatted with him he mentioned that his battalion had a yearly reunion to be held in Northern Texas this year and it got me to thinking; is there anyone in that area that would he interested in showing up with some of their vehicles? in particular 5 ton multi fueled dump trucks? M51A2 (that's mostly what they used apparently) also deuces and of course anything else Vietnam

i mentioned briefly that steelsodiers has members all over the country and it might be possible to get something together to make a showing and his eyes light up. these vets would love to see their old equipment.

and also a long-shot but if there is anyone out there with a dump truck as i described that is in the process or restoration and looking for accurate makings id be happy to supply photos of Joe's truck.

i plan on digitizing his photo collection and ill post them once i do

Dan.

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
in particular 5 ton multi fueled dump trucks? M47 i think. (that's mostly what they used apparently) also deuces and of course anything else Vietnam

and also a long-shot but if there is anyone out there with a dump truck as i described that is in the process or restoration and looking for accurate makings id be happy to supply photos of Joe's truck.

i plan on digitizing his photo collection and ill post them once i do

Dan.
Just to help you with your search:
5-ton Multifuel dump truck is: M51A2
(M47 is a deuce dump with gas engine)

Good luck. Would love to see the pictures. [thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dan,
If you follow the link below for the West Texas Detachment of the SS, you'll find a recent post introducing a Member Map. A few of the WTDSS gang are nearer to Amarillo than me, but you might be able to pick a couple and PM them for assistance.

[edit: here's the link...]
SS West Texas Detachment Member Map - Google Maps

I'm subscribed to this thread now. Please keep us all posted.
Thanks,
John
San Angelo, TX
(307 miles south of Amarillo)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks