• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auburn Vets Day Parade Nov. 10, 2012

Amer-team

Are there any of the SS crew that is interested in participating. Some of us belong to other groups that may be participating. If you are not in one of the other groups and would like to do this parade, please let me know.

I will send in a registration under the "Friends of Kilroy" name. Last year we fielded a Desert Storm theme, with 4 vehicles and 6 walkers participating. This year we will be open, bring what you have. So far tentatively there is one motorcycle, one WW2 jeep, and an M151 depending on weather. This is the largest Veterans Day parade in Washington, with lots of families that turnout.

Parade is at 1100, registration starts at 0930 and we should be lining up by then, as depending on where they put us, lineup parking is tight.

Chime in so I can give a good count to the parade registration folks. Thank you, P.

Amer-team

So far it looks like 4 vehicles are interested in attending. We should have a wide variety of military themes. So far we have WW2 and Vietnam. Vietnam has weather restrictions as he has no top. chime in or PM me. Thank you. P

Amer-team

Will see you there Stuart. Looks like I will be doing WW1. Why drive a vehicle when you can walk? Looks like our Vietnam era medic will be driving the jeep for that day.

Monstermetal

I am in Auburn and If I got my M35A3 legal Id putz along just for the experience and to meet you all. I have an appointment to pick up the truck day after tomorrow. If I can muddle through getting plates and insurance, And dont end up with any major mechanical issues to solve...

Amer-team

Sounds like a winner Monstr. Keep us posted on your progress. A pic of your truck would be nice as well. In following the rules of the Auburn Parade association, we asked that it be reasonably stock, to be a fitting tribute and remembrance to the Veterans that used your vehicle. Peter L.

Amer-team

Jim, keep after me as this gets closer and we will trade phone numbers. They seem to always want to park us on one of their small side streets, that are okay for a jeep, but not too conducive for M35's, 5 tons, and small armor. We ended up last year doing or Desert Storm tribute by parking out of sequence on the main street, to accomodate vehicle size.

Amer-team

Sounds good you guys. Ed, "Go young Marines!" Would like everyone to do a check in for this event a couple days before so we can get a head count. Hope to see you all there.

Amer-team

Got the confirmation letter from the city of Auburn. We are to stage on "H" St. SE. They start registration at 0930 and I am thinking we should be there by 0900. The small side streets that they stage us on are a bugger for larger vehicles. Once you get in there is not getting out and no one can go around.

So far depending on weather, we are anywhere from 2 to 6 vehicles. Please let me know if you are going to do this so I can plan and beg for more room.

Will keep you posted. P

Amer-team

Come on, it is only about an extra 1500 or so pounds. Just wrap a chain around it and to a tree and pull out from under it. :) You don't have a sturdy overhang of some sort that you could put a come along on and lift it out of the truck. Maybe think chainfall as most comealongs that we use are pretty light weight.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there with an M-37. I'll need the info on where & when to meet.

I'll be coming down from Bothell.

Storm 51

Amer-team

Randy will look forward to you being there. That is a very interesting old power wagon that you have.
Storm, take a look at post number 13, so I don't have to write it all again. "H" St. is perpendicular to Main. Once Amram pulls in with his 2 1/2T, that will be the end of any traffic on that street, so hopefully we will be in the right position at the time. Barring unforseen circumstances, I will be there by 0900.
If the weather treats us right at all, that is a very nice and well attended parade.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are to stage on "H" St. SE. They start registration at 0930 and I am thinking we should be there by 0900. The small side streets that they stage us on are a bugger for larger vehicles. Once you get in there is not getting out and no one can go around.

So, should we be headed North on H Street? I only ask because you have said once the big trucks get there that there is no turning around (or moving) apparently.

Which side of the street should we be on, east or west?

Thanks,

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks