• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auto/manual/off battery isolation switch and manual glowplug switch Installed

shotty

After doing my 12 volt conversion I wanted a way to isolate the batteries when the truck was off so I installed a 200 amp solenoid between the front and rear batteries. It was switched on as soon as the truck was so that both batteries would help start the truck and then get charged back up. Phase two was to install a switch that enables theauto mode it was already wired as, an off mode to allow me to completely disable the front battery, and a manual mode that will let me connect the batteries even when the truck is off. This keeps both batteries from being drained when the truck is off if headlights get left on. I just kick the switch over to manual and have a fully charged battery to help start the engine.

The second switch is a manual glowplug switch where the top icon light is tied to the glowplug relay, allowing me to see exactly when the glowplugs are running. Hint: they stay on a long time after the wait to start light goes out.

Lastly, I modified the gauge to read dead on with my 12 volt truck by removing the stock resistor off the back and replacing it with 45 ohms worth (I think.)

1449501442250-142236818.jpg

shotty

The switches are from http://www . otrattw.net but they didn't have a glowplug icon. Luckily you can replace the text on any of their rockers so I did that for their aux power rocker. Hopefully they get a glowplug icon soon so I can swap the rocker out and it will look even better.

On that note, they also have some new rockers that are more square that I think would look better, but I didn't have the time to wait for more to be in stock. Even with the custom text change I had my switches in less than a week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks