• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Automatic logoff

Nomadic

There are restrictions of being logged out such as tiny and blurred pictures and access denied when clicking on a picture to view a less small size with proper resolution. But when I login, I'm logged out automatically within a couple minutes. Why do you log me out?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Login and retention of login are handled by the client side of things. Not the server side. Make sure you have the boxed checked if you want to remain logged in. If the issue persists, delete cookies and log back in. (Checking box)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Login and retention of login are handled by the client side of things. Not the server side. Make sure you have the boxed checked if you want to remain logged in. If the issue persists, delete cookies and log back in. (Checking box)

Yep, after patracy recommended I delete cookies on my system I'm able to login and stay. The box to stay logged in is always already checked when I log in.

Nomadic

The box is checked, I deleted cookies and yet the problem remains. It worked fine before the upgrade.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are you going to a bookmark in your browser? Also understand that http https and www vs just steelsoldiers.com can also cause issues.

Nomadic

I type in steelsoldiers.com into the address bar and clean cookies several times a day (with the understanding that would log me out of all sites). Yesterday, I hit reply to respond to your post but it wanted a login and I didn't feel like doing it since I just logged in (and cookie should have remained). Today I logged in and responded. Since then, the login has stuck since 1:44 and it is now 3:03 PST. I didn't change a thing.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nor have I. I'm at Disney world. It's a client driven issue. Was just trying to ask some things to see if it could be isolated.

Nomadic

Here are steps that reproduces the issue:

1. clear cookies
  2. open new tab and load steelsoldiers.com
  3. Complete the login process starting by clicking the LOG IN button in the upper right of the page
  4. Click Classifieds from menu bar
  5. Click Vehicles for sale

Result:
Above the Vehicles for sale label reads "You appear to not be logged in. Do you need your password reset? If so click this link" <snip>

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No issues here, from firefox, IE, and chrome. (Windows 10) What browser are you using and OS?

Nomadic

Firefox 70.0.1 and it also reproduced with IE 11.885.171340 and VIvaldi 2.7.1628.33 . Vivaldi is a Chrome variant. All on Win10 1803.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wait, I just noticed you only mentioned steelsoldiers.com, not www.steelsoliders.com. Either work for me correctly. But just want to try to make sure I'm trying to duplicate your actions exactly.

Nomadic

Right, w/out the protocol or www subdomain. But either way there is a redirect so each URL goes to the same place.

Have you tried the steps without an admin account? It looks like there are special permissions in place for the classifieds and maybe there is an issue for accounts that have privileges set like mine? Although I'm the only one that seems to be having the issue and reporting it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks