• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxiliary Lighting

Josh

I'm in the design phase of adding additional offroad lights onto my truck. When its all done and said, I'll have approx. 1400W worth of lights. Right know I'm trying to design a lightbar that doesnt involve any mutilation to my hard top and that can be removed reletivly quickly for shows and things. Also I'm planing a lightbar to go up and over my winch, I was thinking of just using one of the bolts that hold the bumper extension on, but havent though about that one much. I also plan on mounting a floodlamp in the front underside corner of the bed, pointed at about 45deg from the center line of the truck to give me some perifial light.

I know this amount of lighting is overkill, but most of the time I go offroading is at night(aprox 90%) and I normally lead. I prefer to see where I'm going and the stock deuce lights arnt the best for offroading at night.

I also plan on upgrading the headlights to the trucklight LEDs in the future, but for right now the cheap HF housing with good lightbulbs in them are going to work for me.

Ive seem the same housing used on sro's truck, and they are pretty bright. But I'm trying to put light off at an angle rather then just in front of my truck.

If any of have built simular lightbars or have an idea on how to do with out having to modifiy my hardtop please feel free to share.

I'm also aware that I will need a larger alternator to power these all at the same time. NK in chat the othernight let me know it would take aprox 68amps to do this, and I have the 60amp alt on my truck. I plan on upgrading to a 120-150amp alternator also.

Build some kind of "rollbar" behind your cab that bolts to the frame under the bed. It doesn't have to be structural, though it might be a good idea if you're into serious off-roading. You can put all kinds of lights up on that and still take it off for shows.

tx399999

I just installed my off road lights. A muffler shop made me a light bar out of 2" exhaust that bolted in the convoy light brackets. Four Hella lights with 24V 100W bulbs bolted right on. I highly recommend running an independent auxiliary wiring harness. I built a fuse/relay panel that I can tap into in the future without cutting up the stock harness, and being properly protected.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks