• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle seals....again

BenRoberts

Certified insane
I changed out the left middle axle seal a few months ago and when I looked at it today its leaking again. There was no scoring or anything on the axle to indicate any sort of issue, the new seals were of high quality and the install went great so im not sure what would cause them to keep leaking after a short time

MtnSnow

Check your axle vent(s) and make sure they are good and clear. The stock ones tend to get plugged or get hung up and the check valve allows to much pressure inside the axles to build up.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Im thinking about taking them out and running a hose a few feet up. I dont plan on driving in deep water with it so I would imagine that would be ok

infidel got me

I run a vent line up to the back of the cab on all my trucks. If your not going swimming with your truck, do away with the check valve vents. I also install lawn mower fuel filters on the ends to keep waspers out.

Csm Davis

Yes I would run all of them to the air intake even if you are not going to be swimming with it it will avoid many problems with the stock valves that are known to build pressure

sent from my decrepit fingers

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run all my axle vents up to the front of the fire wall. I just linked the all together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks