• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad boots tie rod

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks yea I saw that thread. I googled and nothing for FMTV as for the video I wish he would have said where he got his / part number. Do not need to know how to take the tie rod off that would be the easy part. If no answer I will drop one side and measure like they show how in there video. Tanks

tobyS

I have a few of the tie rod ends, I think They made me cut the rod in half to get them...some company dumped several new ones many moon back and I have had them in my old bus. There is a right and left I think too.

Attachments

tobyS

See the second photo and the torch cut on the tube? It used to be about twice that length with the joint on each end. They started as full rods.

tobyS

A supplier got rid of some inventory of brand new tie rods, with both ends to a scrap yard. The owner said he would sell me a few but they had to be destroyed.....so I cut them in half.

coachgeo

A supplier got rid of some inventory of brand new tie rods, with both ends to a scrap yard. The owner said he would sell me a few but they had to be destroyed.....so I cut them in half.
ahhhhhhh.. guess owner was extra afraid of liability issues??? what a shame

tobyS

Big companies are like that. They don't want dumped parts showing up on the market. They appear the same as a lot of trucks, but I don't know the details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks