• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Trucking Company - Warning

HeadWizard

:rant:

I've had great luck with using Uship.com to arrange shipping of many, many items over the last couple of years....until now. It's not Uship I'm complaining about, it's one of their service providers. Hopefully this will eliminate another SS member from being burned.

If any of you happen to have a shipment matched to service provider APPLOG, owned by Richard Fraze in Pinellas Park, FL, phone # 727-320-6840, DO NOT ACCEPT THEIR BID.

They have a sweet enough sounding girl named Theresa who will email you and blow smoke about your shipment being scheduled, when in fact they have NEVER contacted the pick-up location. This Theresa person will call you "honey" and "sweetie" and promise to call you back in 5 minutes, or an hour, BUT she will NEVER call you back. I went through more than 3 weeks of her lies and deception, always giving her the benefit of the doubt. She is basically a useless waste of humanity, doing nothing more than stealing oxygen from the rest of us. Oh, she answers the phone as "Dispatch".

I did file a complaint with Uship and got a refund of my booking fee. They took an extra day or two, but finally complied.

So now I still have an M813 in Bordentown, NJ that needs to be shipped due to this worthless provider APPLOG :evil:. Fortunately the POC at Bordentown is helping me out with the delay.

Enough ranting, I feel a little better now.

Did I mention NOT TO USE APPLOG on Uship.com?

:grin::grin::grin:

area52

I second this vote against them. I tried to get a M54A1 from GA to NM and accepted their bid.
It was 4 weeks later and still " we will get to it soon!" I canceled also.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I googled "applog shipping".

In this day and age, it is difficult for businesses to get away with naughty behavior. The internet is a great equalizer.

I google anyone I am about to deal with. You have to.

davidkroberts

Ive used Uship in the past and never had a problem. Thanks for the info and sorry you got burned maybe this will keep another shipper from getting the same.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Wow, I don't use U-ship (or anything like that since I only go after things I can get myself) but if I did use U-ship, this company doesn't look too hot.

I hate folks that always seem to have an excuse--DOT inspector ate my homework.

papercu

Are you sure that is even his name? google has this, Richard O Fraze (727) 544-4300 8065 52nd Ln, Pinellas Park, FL 33781 and Richard Fraze, is the Executive Director of
PINELLAS PARK WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
6460 35TH STREET N.
PINELLAS PARK, FL 33781-6221
(727) 528-8022
If he a total ripoff it not hard to use someone name and with the internet phone service not hard to fake a phone number. Wayne

HeadWizard

Are you sure that is even his name? google has this, Richard O Fraze (727) 544-4300 8065 52nd Ln, Pinellas Park, FL 33781 and Richard Fraze, is the Executive Director of
PINELLAS PARK WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
6460 35TH STREET N.
PINELLAS PARK, FL 33781-6221
(727) 528-8022
If he a total ripoff it not hard to use someone name and with the internet phone service not hard to fake a phone number. Wayne
Yeah, that's the same info I found. Have tried the number and can't get them to answer. Don't know why I'd want to talk to them at this point anyway - except to advise them that I'm going to do everything I can to publicize the crummy way they do business to everyone who will listen :-D.

Unfortunately at this point, it's going to cost them far more than it would have just to have provided what was promised. I think I'll make APPLOG my project for the month :idea:

WPNS421

Your story sounds familiar, Idaho Motor pool tried to ship me an MKT, was quoted a good price , the MKT was picked up and for the next 9 weeks we looked for the MKT. I finally called the company "sweet dispatcher"(airhead) and told her that we were reporting the MKT as stolen by the transporter and crossed state lines so the federal authorities would get involved. 20 mins later I got an e mail telling me the trailer was in an impound yard in Salt lake City. The carrier blew the engine on his truck, unloaded the MKT at a Flying J truck stop, who had the sheriff remove it. It cost 350.00 to get it from impound. Alex from Idaho Motor Pool drove to salt Lake hooked up the MKT brought it home and reshipped it. If we hadn't been persistant the MKT would have been auctioned off. It's now in our yard. A good ending to the story the company filed for bankrupcy.

rizzo

before you guys use any trucking company you should check them out with the FMCSA.at http://safersys.org/CompanySnapshot.aspx make sure they have a valid authority and ask them for the number to their insurance company. then call the insurance company and have them send you a certificate in your name. Make sure they have enough cargo insurance to cover the value of what is being shipped.

or you can call me and I will broker the load for you or tell you more of what you need to know. 75% off for SS members

Last edited:

joec

before yo guys use any trucking company you should check them out with the FMCSA.at http://safersys.org/CompanySnapshot.aspx make sure they have a valid authority and ask them for the number to their insurance company. then call the insurance company and have them send you a certificate in your name. Make sure they have enough cargo insurance to cover the value of what is being shipped.

or you can call me and I will broker the load for you or tell you more of what you need to know. 75% off for SS members
Good Idea Rizzo.....Good hauls equipment for the Government..Bradley's and some other neat stuff. that can't be metioned...(confidentiality agreement).....:-D

yea i used the uship and got burnned too the quoted a price the 3 weeks after it got here they sent me a email saying that it was reweighted and was another 200 bucks this is not right . i even told them to figure it at a higher weight than g/l said it was but that failed they used g/l's weight and socked it to ME OUCH

rizzo

yea i used the uship and got burnned too the quoted a price the 3 weeks after it got here they sent me a email saying that it was reweighted and was another 200 bucks this is not right . i even told them to figure it at a higher weight than g/l said it was but that failed they used g/l's weight and socked it to ME OUCH
in future you should have an agreement in writing. YOU set the agreement up and have them sign it before the load. after that the price is set.

I learned the hard way to never trust GL and their weights. :cry:

HeadWizard

I tried Good Trucking as suggested - and they were responsive, but honestly pretty pricey.

Now if I just had somewhere to park this 5-ton.....

Last edited:

joec

My last price from Good Transportation here from NJ TO Gainesville Florida was $2450 for a M543A2 Wrecker at 39,000lb's

I didn't think that was bad.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks