• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow, Ca.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a heads up. For those of us that wish to previw, P/U, load out or whatever at MCLB/GL Barstow. I had a very pleasant experience with Dave today. He has no issues with us guys/gals that are collectors, restorers or enthusiasts. He just has to deal with one off people the vandalize and steal from the inventory that he is responsible for and do unauthorized repairs on premisis, not pre trip stuff like batteries, tires, fluid additions, etc., he's good with that. I agree with his concerns, it is a big place to keep tabs on. His guys echoed the same concerns. When you call or visit him, just let him know that you are a SS member, he will most likely go out of his way to accomodate you. We went there on a non load out day and all went great, including inspection of items comming up for auction and offers to help us start our project, and they were busy. Dave is not the same guy I have dealt with in the past..well, he is, but not. Thank you for helping me change my opinion of MY local GL outlet! To all of the people here, please be responsible and don't be one of the crowd Dave has to look out for. It will make all of our visits to G/L outlets a much more positive experience.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Will. I hope to deal with them in the future and I'm sure others will feel better about your feedback. To Dave at Barstow, I look forward to working with you in the future...thanks.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I previewed at Barstow on Wednesday. The two guys there (I don't know if either of them was Dave) seemed a bit put out that I wanted to screen all of the CUCVs and LVS trailers that were up for auction, but they went along with my plan. And I didn't even need to turn off the charm. ;-)

I was mostly interested in bidding on one or more LVS trailers in order to harvest a crane or two from them. Unfortunately, I put low-ball bids on the six CUCVs... and won four of them! :shock: Well, so much for wasting money on LVS cranes. Now I'm the proud (?) new owner of my first four (!) CUCVs. aua

;)

I wonder how long my EUC will take to clear? I haven't played the GL game in about 4-5 years.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, get any 1009's? My son wants one for his first truck. Call me.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Perhaps Dave has been spoken to about his "people" skills.......?

Will, I had never met the guy, and he gave me attitude....and as I said before, the only way I got him to respond to an email was to CC GL corporate in the same email. I never got him to return a phone call.

Perhaps he has turned over a "new leaf"

Ed

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Re: RE: Barstow, Ca.

WillWagner said:
Mark, get any 1009's? My son wants one for his first truck. Call me.
Three M1009s and one M1008. I don't know whether they're runners yet... I gave them a pretty cursory inspection since I was just gonna low-ball them and didn't expect to win any! I posted some pictures over in the "Todays Wins and Losses" thread.

I guess my plan will be to keep one (don't know which one yet) and sell the other three after registering them, making sure they run, changing out all of the fluids and filters, doing basic road-worthiness repairs, etc. I hope that I can make something off of the other three to help cover the cost of the one I keep, but that plan hasn't always worked out for me in the past! ;)

We'll have to wait and see whether I got good trucks or junkers, but maybe I can help set your son up with his first truck!

The three M1009s have some leftover antenna and radio mounts in them. Your son should get his ham radio license and install a VRC-12 series set in his truck!

On another topic, I think you should also remove the oo from your ool, so that you won't have any poo in your l. :D

nf6x

Feral Engineer

FMJ said:
I never got him to return a phone call.
He didn't respond to a voice mail that I left, but he did call me back from his caller ID after I hung up when I got his voicemail.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

FMJ said:
Perhaps Dave has been spoken to about his "people" skills.......?

Will, I had never met the guy, and he gave me attitude....and as I said before, the only way I got him to respond to an email was to CC GL corporate in the same email. I never got him to return a phone call.

Perhaps he has turned over a "new leaf"

Ed
Well, I hope so, like I said, He was not the same guy I dealt with on prior visits in regards to his attitude. He was very responsive today. I have to tell you though, from what I read of him today, he has the same kind sarcastic sense of humor I do. He made me chuckle. Another piont, Mark called him and faxed the signed release for me to p/u his junk, and there were no issues even though it was a non load out day. Everyone deserves a second chance. Go to the GL postings and see what I wrote and try it, see what happens and report back.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Barstow, Ca.

I almost started bidding on the M1009's, I had to fight the urge, turn the computer off and walk away. Glad I did'nt unnecessarily drive your prices up. I dont NEED any more trucks, I just want them, like everyone else here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks