• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Baton Rouge, LA Veterans Parade 10/20/2016

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are trying to have a veterans parade in Baton Rouge Louisiana, It would be the first for 40 years. hoping to get some army trucks lined up for this event. Oct 30th at 200pm.

If any of the area guys want to come join in shout back and we will make plans to meet up. I'll keep this thread updated as the meetings get new information out.

Thanks and let's all have a safe parade

Last edited by a moderator:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to meeting tomorrow and see if we can get this parade thing moving.. hate to tell them not a one on here is interested!! this would be a great parade with a great group of guys

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we are still trying to have this parade if we can get the funding from the local people.. the flood has hurt them so much. we will see

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its now official we are having the parade. oct 30 a sunday in baton rouge 100 pm to 400 pm i hope we can show some support and get some trucks lined up with some vets on board.. PLEASE send me a pm and tell me if you can come

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oct 30? That's 2 weeks before Veterans Day! :shock: I don't know whether I'll be back from NC by then.:-(

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are getting some trucks together for this parade end of the month looking for local vets to ride in some trucks

winfred

i think i am going to sit this one out, when my sprag transfer case decided to kick in at 45-50mph on sundays ride the driveline bucking jogged the rear suspension enough to kick off a upper dogbone and loosened up a couple more, so i am going to weld tabs on em all till i have time to replace all 12 joints, then i want to have time to run enough miles to be satisfied that the issue was isolated after i verify linkage adjustment before i cross the mississippi river bridge again, one thing to have it bind up the driveline when you have a shoulder to escape to, nowhere to stop on either bridge. how dare this 49 year old POS that i am guessing has sat the best part of the last 10 years have a random failure :D

HanksDeuce

Thanks to juanprado for letting me ride with him in his HMMWV tomorrow in the parade. My bobbed deuce is still waiting for the Ouverson rear locker to arrive before she gets back on the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks