• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

baton rouge veterans day parade

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for some trucks to set up a display in front of the USS KIDD october 29th. Its on a sunday. hoping that a few of our SS members can come and show our support for this parade. we will have front row seats to all the action. Shout back if you can make it

winfred

i recon i can trek the 4 odd miles from the house to the kidd in the 109a3, if it would be a significant enhancement i could bring a 105 trailer too (tarp's crap but i have all 4 side pieces) but haven't gotten the hang of backing that short tongued &%$#! as it disappears completely behind the 109 and could be a pain, i may add the budd nuts and outer wheels just so i can see it in the mirrors without having to turn

profo

Looking for some trucks to set up a display in front of the USS KIDD october 29th. Its on a sunday. hoping that a few of our SS members can come and show our support for this parade. we will have front row seats to all the action. Shout back if you can make it
Text me when you get time to be there etc. will try to make it!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i recon i can trek the 4 odd miles from the house to the kidd in the 109a3, if it would be a significant enhancement i could bring a 105 trailer too (tarp's crap but i have all 4 side pieces) but haven't gotten the hang of backing that short tongued &%$#! as it disappears completely behind the 109 and could be a pain, i may add the budd nuts and outer wheels just so i can see it in the mirrors without having to turn
I think I can make it and bring that tire you need for your spare :) if you still need it....

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BIG UPDATE seams like i was told the wrong date. its NOV 12 and we will meet at the uss kidd around 800 am. sorry for any confussion this has made

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if i get my 925 running ill bring it if not.. the good running 816 will make that trip. planning on getting at the kidd around 800 am hope to see many there

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the parade FB pages says 2.. to 4 for the parade. they are asking that we get there around 8 to 9 so they can then close the street up

winfred

well i am now a spectator, finished changing all 8 lower torque rod joints and decided i'd do the uppers next week and went for a drive and to fuel up, was about 1-2 miles from home and this turd in a camaro t-bones me from a side street while i am going about 50, tore a hole in the right rear big enough to look though, don't know if it damaged the suspension.
IMG_4662.jpgIMG_4661.jpgIMG_4658.jpgIMG_4653.jpg

unseen suspect items will be lug studs and bearings, it drove ok on the flat at 10 mph but can't tell much with the noise and vibration, if juan brings that tire i'll be there to pick it up and can build the spare and install it then level out the suspension and measure rear suspension for square

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well i am now a spectator, finished changing all 8 lower torque rod joints and decided i'd do the uppers next week and went for a drive and to fuel up, was about 1-2 miles from home and this turd in a camaro t-bones me from a side street while i am going about 50, tore a hole in the right rear big enough to look though, don't know if it damaged the suspension.
View attachment 707782View attachment 707781View attachment 707780View attachment 707779

unseen suspect items will be lug studs and bearings, it drove ok on the flat at 10 mph but can't tell much with the noise and vibration, if juan brings that tire i'll be there to pick it up and can build the spare and install it then level out the suspension and measure rear suspension for square
Yes Sir, Loaded and in my trailer. That just plain sucks what happened to you. I hope the turd got nailed with a few citations.....

winfred

cool, 2256039983 if we can't find one another for some odd reason tomorrow, also my dually is distinctive and easy to spot if i can get close enough early, ill be there around 8 by the kidd museum
doge.jpg

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 707782View attachment 707781View attachment 707780View attachment 707779

This sucks!! Hope the damage isn't too severe, glad nobody was hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks