• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

battered jeep restoration

bennym45

Today we (all) D.M reo rick and co worked on the newly acquired deuce to bring it up to scratch. (D.M. post above). I changed out two flat tires and wheels. These came off the donor parts deuce we obtained a while ago. It too was going to be restored. But D.M. Says that's just one too many.So we are just going to prepare for this years events.....the..other..14! trucks.
When the oldies (Not quite at the last gasp) sat down in the sunshine for a rest, I pulled out the tatty ford jeep and cleaned it out, replaced the broken spare wheel carrier, and then masked up and re-sprayed it. Finally painted round the instruments etc and tow hitch.. More to do tomorrow.

Attachments

bennym45

The pictures are blurred, (tin of grease on side of deuce) but I made sure all the wheel studs, nuts and the inner and outer securing threads were thoroughly coated with copper grease.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks