• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries, didn't want to do that

GoHot229

Well, I'm setting at home enjoying the day, my Daughter calls me, She's with friends, and asks me if I can pull her friend out of the pond, him having a Chevy 4x4 with 44's and lift etc. I say Ok, and we go there to Get'er Done. The main point here is that I had a ground cable on the batteries loose, and bouncing back and forth , slack,yank, slack, yank x 100, I somewhat lost connection on the post which by arking ate about a quarter of my post on one battery. That sucks, I think I can make a fix, but ultimatly a new battery is in order. Oh yea, the 4x4, well when I got there the body was at water level, the sand was about 10" underwater around the tires and body and yea I got him out in about an hours time, mabe more, and on level ground it was up to my pants pockets, the bottom of his cab. Yea it was a B _ _ _ _ %^$#, Next time the kids can get a 4x4 tractor for their folly as a rescue vehicle, this one cost me $100 ultimatly by time I replace the battey.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not telling you what to do, but if you talk to the battery experts, they'll tell you to replace them both. My local interstate dealer/battery shop (this is all they do is batteries) told me they will not even warranty a battery for a 24 volt system if they are not both replaced at the same time.

They tole me that since it's a series hookup, and each battery is not being charged by itself, the weaker battery will take all of the charge and bring the other one down to it's level. Just my 2cents

AMGeneral

That's bad Rich,You may want to try group 31 truck batteries with threaded posts vs the lead tapered post,less chance of arcing and bad connections,Plus they fit neatley in a standard Deuce battery box with only a little wood spacing between.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
GoHot, let's see some pics of your adventure! :D

Stinks about the battery. I went to help somebody one time and ended up puncturing 2 tires. Spent the rest of the day breaking them down and patching them.

GoHot229

My Daughter has some on the Cell Phone, tonight after work she's going to put the video version on here for me. you know if you want anything computer done you get a teenager (well she's 23) to do it for you, they know everything....:roll::-D But yea later today, so stay tuned. Oh and the batteries, and about doing them in pairs, mine are really recent, mabe....mabe not ? work replacing just one. But Actually I think I may have a fix as it only harmed the side of the post, I'll get a pic of that and my fix also later today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks