• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery CCA

EZFEED

Hey guys, in the Wal-Mart flavor of batteries what is the decent/minimum CCA per battery that would be needed for the deuce?

Any of you guys run Wal-Mart batts and if so what do you get? I live in the south and cold starting is really not a problem.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is from the list(similar threads) at the bottom of this page, it was a thread you started a year ago. The answer to this question was covered in it. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=9888 post number 5?

I have the group 31 yellow walmarts in one of my trucks and it has never let me down on a cold weather start.

And for all you people that call me a SERACH NAZI, this is exactly why I suggest you use the search function before posting a question.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi, Search Nazi.:-D
:popcorn::popcorn:

FWIW, I have been known to use the absolute cheapest battery on the shelf and still get 3 years out of them. Granted, in the dead of winter the temps drop all the way down in the 40s for a day or two.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Westech

CPL
I just get some $50 autozone batts. Never had a problem till they were 5 years old. If you keep them charged up they should last. I would say at least in the 700 amp range you should be able to find cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks