• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battlefield Damage

SixBuy

Hey guys , if I'm the last to discover this just say so and I'll shut up! :)
I picked up a really neat TM in an Army store the other day. TM9-2320-356-BD "Battlefield Damage Assessment and Repair for Tactical Wheeled Vehicles". It's the bailing-wire-and-chewing-gum manual - officially!
Also, it's got engine and wheel interchangability guides - what fits what stuff.
And a list of countries that purchased various vehicles. For Example there were 29 that bought M35s! Interesting Stuff. Don't know if it is on the DOD website or not. Just thought I'd pass it along now that we're back on the air.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another cool one is FM 9-43-2 which is Recovery and Battlefield Damage Assessment and Repair. It covers BDAR as well as the recovery info from FM 20-22. The 356BD should be on Logsa but I'm not sure about FM 9-43-2

SixBuy

Well as usual Kenny was right! The 356-BD was on LOGSA and I've got a copy of the PDF file. Anybody got a clue as to how to get it into the resources?

No sign of the FM.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just so happens I've got the FM so I'll send it when I get back from dropping of the kid at school.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are specific BDAR manuals for trucks, tanks, trailers, and radios. All the manuals end in -BD. There are also BDAR kits that are chock full of bailing wire and other such "fix it items". The problem was that some Army mechanics thought that BDAR fixes were acceptable as permanet fixes. I'll see if I can find my stuff from the BDAR classes I took and post the TM #'s here.

LOGSA doesnt have the FM's on it, just TM's. The other Army library websites have all the FM's.

SixBuy

Looks like we may be on to something here. Are any of those "other Army Websites" accessable? It would be nice to also see the "TSBs" that get circulated. I think Kenny's FM will probably supercede the BDAR I posted so if it's the same plus some let's delete mine.

weewillywinky

i've been searching the web for FM 9-43-2 and no joy. URL's lead to limited access sites which I can't access. despite the fact that I was regular army, army reserve and Air Force Nat'l guard... not all at once, mind you. anybody got a copy of FM 9-43-2.

Albin

weewillywinky said:
i've been searching the web for FM 9-43-2 and no joy. URL's lead to limited access sites which I can't access. despite the fact that I was regular army, army reserve and Air Force Nat'l guard... not all at once, mind you. anybody got a copy of FM 9-43-2.
I've got FM 9-43-2 at work, all 5.9 MB of it. Clear your EM and PM it to me and I'll e-mail it to your tomorrow. Elwinel's (sp) already got as do a few others, check the 5 ton forum for the thread.

Al

Jones

Hey Mike,
Email or PM me with some pointers and I'll start loading into the tech library. I've got over 800Mb of TMs. on everything from CUCVs to HEMTTs, several trailers and weaps if you think they're applicable.

mangus580

Albin, we dont 'need' anything... :) we have space.... everyone has something to share ;-)

approved.... and if you have others, that the group might like, go ahead and toss them up! Only major concern that I have been watching for is to make sure they are all public release :-D

Mike_L

Military References URLs

Here are a couple URLs for those of you that don't have them to get Army pubs. The files that are restricted need a username and password. You'll know those when you click on them, you'll get a prompt asking for them. Unless you have access (in which case, you already know how to do this) you won't be able to get those. The rest are public access. :p

Army TMs, TBs, SBs: https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm
This site also has downloadable PM magazines in .pdf format at: https://www.logsa.army.mil/psmag/pshome.html

Army FMs, TCs, and some TMs: http://atiam.train.army.mil/soldier...&docGroup=official&_pageLabel=rdlservicespage

Enjoy, these are your tax dollars at work. :D

Mike_L

Links submitted

I submitted the three links under the Resources/Links/Parts and Service classsification. Awaiting approval, I reckon. Don't know how long it will take.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks