• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bead locks, DO I need them?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused by beadlock and runflats. Do I need either with 14R20's or 395? on a 5 ton? I don't go offroad except my yard and mainly drive on paved roads. I plan on switching all the 14R20's in my collection to 395's and frankly it looks pretty tough getting bead locks out of a tire to put in the new tire?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No. You do not need beadlocks unless you are airing down to low tire pressure. It can be mounted up like a standard truck tire. Runflats are solid inserts that have a built in beadlock but will allow you to limp along with something intact to manage steering or traction

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would keep them. The difference in the beads staying seated in a blowout vs the tire possibly wrapping up around the axle, or rolling off the outside into oncoming traffic is worth the small effort of swapping the bead locks in my opinion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks