• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beam sling for lifting power packs

L1A1

Thought that maybe I should post this over in "Conversations' as it might get more looks but thought that this forum would be more proper considering......

I'm in the process of removing the powerpack assembly from my M548A1. While I have a (Civilian) wrecker that can handle the lift (2400lbs), I do not have the "beam sling" for lifting the assembly. When I had a ferret, there was a section in the manual for it that showed you how to fabricate such a device. Are the beam slings available from somewhere or is it something that needs to be fab'd up?

Regards,
Matt

militaro

Hi Matt,

Some are available over the net but I custom build my own for my M113A2 power pack! I use a H beam and weld a lifting ring in the top middle for the chain block and 2 ring on each extremities. I bought my ring in a trailer shop! Use the power pack to determine the lengh of the H beam.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Matt,

I think I've seen it listed by NSN on egay. If you check the appendix of the TM -34P (the parts manual) it'll have the specialty tools listed in there and the NSN. It's been awhile back but I researched this for potentially buying one.

L1A1

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah in the -20 under tools list for power pack removal it justs lists it as "Beam sling". Nothern Tools carries them (thanks google). They are expensive but you get what you pay for.

Militaro
If I'm not mistaken, my M548A1 and your M113A2 share the same powerpack.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks