• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before and After, Paint, M925A1

Hoefler

Nice. A fresh coat of paint really transforms these vehicles. I have found a neat tool to clean them up prior to paint. Northern Tool sells and attachment that connects to the end of a standard pressure washer. It comes with a venturi and hose with nozzle for use with sandblast sand. Water under pressure flows through venturi and draws sand out of bag-mixes with the high pressure water and does a great job of removing loose paint and some scale. I have used it on my Duece and found the process to work well. Fine grit mixed with water really removes flakey paint fast.
Pete

markmontana

This was a motor pool grade job. So no sand blasting. But that sounds like a good idea in some situations. Bad rust, paint damage, etc.

Forgot to post this pic of the motor- as received from DRMO. Super nice!

Attachments

markmontana

I'll try to get the new owner to sign on to this wacky SS site, and he can give you the details. I think they found some CARC substitute that is perfect.

It does look spectacular- and 100% authentic.

fat tire

Before and After Paint

I'm just learning about this website and how cool these vehicles are to play with. I have markmontana to thank for introducing me to this hobby. I wanted to get the truck painted in time for a Veterans parade on Nov 10th, so I am pretty exited that it worked out. I will have 12 guys from WWII to Desert Storm riding with me in the Parade. Can't wait!!. I will try and post more details on the exact paint we used for this truck. I need to get more for touch up for later. I did almost zero prep for the paint other then steam clean the whole truck to get rid of grease and oil. I wanted it to look like a real military job and not to pretty. I hear they don't do much other than just spay the color on so that's the way I went.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks