• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr paint color code for the inside of a S280 Shelter

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if there is something you can remove and have them color match it. You know it will match then.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Remember a lot of the older posts with Behr #'s on the lids are not true FS they were color matched, so start with a clean slate.
Tell the clerk at Home Depot the list of the FS codes in the HD paint computer is found by going under "Competitor Color look up" and selecting Federal Standard as the manufacturer then have them enter just the five number code. 24533
We just did this on both ends of the US a week ago.

Artisan

So has anyone used the Behr Sea Foam FS 24533 yet?

Are you happy? Any pics?

Is there any code or request you can tell the HomeDepot Paint
mixologist to request a HARD Finish ?

I have used Behr 383 green and it scratches w/ just fingernails.

So is there a paint hardener?

The HUlk

I have used Behr 383 green and it scratches w/ just fingernails.

So is there a paint hardener?
I have some industrial coating experience and have learned that proper curing plays a role in durability. Some of the paints had hardeners(catalyst) mixed in and others were two part epoxies. These paints were heat cured for better durability. We also used paints that were cured with ultraviolet light. I'm guessing heat curing may improve the BEHR paint durability somewhat.

The HUlk

From what I have seen latex enamels can take up to a month to fully cure throuhgout the coating. My guess is after enough curing time the BEHR paint will become much more durable and not be easily scratched like soon after application.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks