• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Lift Kit for m1009?

Cucvnut

There are thoes options posted above you can also do a 52 inch spring swap in the front ( useing rear stock leaf springs ) which give you a 4 inch lift in the fron and then use a rear shackle flip in the rear to get the 4 inch lift the back

bp m1009

Alright thanks guys...the guy i bought my blazer from said he only uses tuff country he said it rides nicer then stock, but ive never heard of them i thought they were just a rip off of rough country lifts...also would you suggest blocks in the rear? or go for the extra $$ and upgrade to a kit with rear leafs? and what load range tires should i get im looking at bfg mud terrains 33x12.5R15 load range C 4wheel parts has them on sale all 4 for like $600 something.

powerhouseduece

I have a brand new 6" BDS lift kit for a m1009 sitting at my shop down in Maryland right now. I have to sell it, taking up too much room. $800 and its yours. Comes with 4 leafsprings, shocks, U-bolts, steering arm, etc... Pm me if intrested. Sorry but dont want to ship it.

powerhouseduece

idk i think 6" is too much for me i dont wanna have to deal with getting new drive shafts and all the other stuff when you lift that much.

You dont have to get new shafts with a 6", nor a 8". I had the same exzact kit on my K5 and a friend had a 8" with no problems. Its not that much of a lift really.

I sold the same kit to Jcapplejr and its on the m1009 that he has.

motormayhem

I think if you lift it at all get the drive shaft checked by a pro. I have a 4" block lift and broke the t-case, tranny case, and adapter when I got the rear end bouncing while off roading. Turns out the stock drive shaft was like 1" short and came out far enough to be out of its bushing and leverage the back of the t-case till it broke.

bp m1009

yea i would go with the 6" lift but some people say you dont need to extend or drop anything when other people say you need to have your drive shafts extended and drop you T-Case and blah blah blah...so should i go 4"or 6"??

motormayhem

yea i would go with the 6" lift but some people say you dont need to extend or drop anything when other people say you need to have your drive shafts extended and drop you T-Case and blah blah blah...so should i go 4"or 6"??
I like my 4" my friends k5 has a 6" and I think it feels to tall for my liking. It really depends on what size tire you want to run and if you want to do some cutting. As for the driveshafts the 4" is really the biggest you can go without changing the u joints to a compound joint or dropping the t-case. My friends 6" has the stock t-case setup and a compound u joint on the t-case side. Either way if you lift the t-case (which gos up when you lift the truck) you are changing the distance between the rear axle and it and therefore for correct operation the driveshaft should be changed to correct for it.

bp m1009

Yea i want to run 33x12.5 tires and theyd probly look too small with a 6" lift it would look better with a nice 4" lift...should i go with blocks in the rear or shell out the extra cash to get 4" leafs?? is it really worth it?

motormayhem

Yea i want to run 33x12.5 tires and theyd probly look too small with a 6" lift it would look better with a nice 4" lift...should i go with blocks in the rear or shell out the extra cash to get 4" leafs?? is it really worth it?
I have no complaints about my 4" blocks (other than one being upside down thanks to the previous owner), though I have no experience in the spring vs lift block debate.

Last edited:

Bobert

If your rearend sags or sags more to one side,like mine does, blocks wouldnt fix that. But if your springs are fine, I'd rather keep the old springs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks