• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black wire with white trace on driver alt?

shotty

I have a loosey-goosey wiring dangling right around where the driver side alternator was that I can't locate on the wiring diagram. It's a small wire with a small ring terminal on it, black with white stripe. It's not the tach sense wire, too small to be the ground wire, not part of the two wire plug for the exciter... Not sure what it could be or where it used to go.

cucvrus

I never looked at a wiring diagram. I just learned by taking them apart and putting them back together for 35 years. I do lie. I looked at wiring diagrams but was never able to read them well enough to help me so I just dove in and checked things out. Trial and error with extra caution. Good Luck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks