• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blue Ridge GA 4th of July Parade 2011

Jimma

Once again Blue Ridge, GA will be hosting a 4th of July Parade in Downtown Blue Ridge. It will be Saturday July 2, 2011. This was a great parade last year and the MV's were the hit of the parade. There was a huge crowd and we had three Deuce's in the parade. I encourage you to bring your MV to this event. Its a lot of fun. No reservations required, just get their early and line up. Several of us left the parade and went to the car show in Blairsville immediately following the parade and had a great day.

Jimma

Great! My dad and I will each be brining a M35a2. Last year a local guy also brought a M35A3 and I know there are several more in the area. It is a morning parade and I will get the exact time soon.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
First, thank you for making the effort to organize a parade in celebration of the true event!!!

Rekon we could all call it INDEPENDENCE DAY instead of Fourth of July???

Just a little peeve of mine...if ya ask many folks what they celebrate on the fourth the answer is "a day off and barbeque"!!

Again...thanks for putting forth the effort:beer:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm fairly certain I'll be there either with my M35A3 or M35A2. If my son-in-law comes, we'll bring both, pulling M149A2 water buffalo and M105A2 trailers.

Jimma

Papabear, actually the parade is the "Founders Day Parade", but I listed it as the 4th of July parade so members would have an idea as to date and theme.

Following the parade many of the trucks, cars and MV's are going down the road to Blairsville for the big car show. It is the "Salute to Men and Women in Uniform" on the square from 9-5 in Blairsville. They are hoping to have a good showing of service vehicles that include MV's, ambulances, police cars, fire trucks as well as hot rods and antique vehicles. Its a nice day, music, food, prizes, trophies and good people. Last year there were several dueces there including mine, my dad's and glcaines duece and M105 trailer.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Papabear, actually the parade is the "Founders Day Parade", but I listed it as the 4th of July parade so members would have an idea as to date and theme.

Following the parade many of the trucks, cars and MV's are going down the road to Blairsville for the big car show. It is the "Salute to Men and Women in Uniform" on the square from 9-5 in Blairsville. They are hoping to have a good showing of service vehicles that include MV's, ambulances, police cars, fire trucks as well as hot rods and antique vehicles. Its a nice day, music, food, prizes, trophies and good people. Last year there were several dueces there including mine, my dad's and glcaines duece and M105 trailer.
Please don't be offended by my comment Sir.
And again, thank you for making the effort![thumbzup]

chipley

Great Parade

I am the local guy who brought the M35A3 last year. Unfortunately, I will be out of town at my niece's wedding or I would be there this year. Thanks for all of the deuce drivers showing up. They really were the hit of the parade. I play the bagpipes. Maybe next year we can all group up and I will play military tunes as the deuces dance down Main Street.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks