• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blue Ridge Parkway Tour

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Thought I'd share some pictures. My friend and I took our A2's for a little ride down the parkway. We parked our tow vehicles in Rochelle, VA and proceeded about 40 miles to the start of the parkway. Went the entire length to Cherokee, NC, drove over to Gatlinburg, TN and then back up the parkway. Trip in MV's was 1,361 miles! We had 7 days on the road to do this with only a couple of very minor mechanical issues (one being a headlight) and the weather was perfect. We had one morning of low level clouds but that cleared up by noon. For some of you senior members here, we were at a gas station when a younger man pulled up in a modern jeep. He started talking about his M37. Turns out that his dad is "Cranetruck" from this site. He lived 3 miles away so we took a detour and went and visited. My friend knew both of them from an Aberdeen convoy years back. Both A2's performed extremely well. I replaced my front seat cushions with Weebee Webbing seats and was amazed at how comfortable they were. The ride was very enjoyable.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thought I'd share some pictures. My friend and I took our A2's for a little ride down the parkway. We parked our tow vehicles in Rochelle, VA and proceeded about 40 miles to the start of the parkway. Went the entire length to Cherokee, NC, drove over to Gatlinburg, TN and then back up the parkway. Trip in MV's was 1,361 miles! We had 7 days on the road to do this with only a couple of very minor mechanical issues (one being a headlight) and the weather was perfect. We had one morning of low level clouds but that cleared up by noon. For some of you senior members here, we were at a gas station when a younger man pulled up in a modern jeep. He started talking about his M37. Turns out that his dad is "Cranetruck" from this site. He lived 3 miles away so we took a detour and went and visited. My friend knew both of them from a Aberdeen convoy years back. Both A2's performed extremely well. I replaced my front seat cushions with Weebee Webbing seats and was amazed at how comfortable they were. The ride was very enjoyable.
That looks like it was a heck of an adventure!
Really Nice pictures too.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool trip! I've driven the parkway from north to south also. Beautiful weather and great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks