• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed DUKW

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but I think that if it were posted in the WWII CCKW section there might be an even bigger purist blasphemous outcry.

So has anyone ever thought about bobbing a DUKW and putting it up on 395's?

Then to go a step further put an 80's 350 Chevy, with a 2wd 700R4 automatic transmission? That way you would put it in gear and only have to worry about shifting between land and water drive.

Also, does anyone have experience with magnetic bearing linkages and the like?
I would like to seal the hull and have some sort of magnetic coupling between the drive shafts and the exterior axles and prop?

Also for boat people, if I go up in RPM should I go down in prop size? In a BS session I was told that more RPMs might cause to much turbulence/froth around the prop and not move the water away as efficiently.

Or has this all been done before?
I searched and wasn't able to find anything.:deadhorse:

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it would embody two different definitions of word 'bobber', that is if the propulsion system didn't work, it would just sit there and be a four wheeled bobber.

Attachments

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you seen what I have to work with?
I saw a really nice one that is 98% restored at the car show last weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When CLINT sees this thread he will THROW UP all over everything, then end up on the floor in the fetal position CRYING

I heard that He wants one SO BAD the he once offered to swap CLINTOGF for one but the owner refused because he said that CLINTO needed CLINTOGF more than a DUKW to help maintain his SANITY

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
While I don't have a problem chopping a regular deuce due to the sheer numbers of them I would draw the line at butchering a DUKW........they are rare and getting rarer.

I have an M275 and I would never consider bobbing it.

I would try to save it whole or sell it to someone that will give it the MV love it deserves.......like Bother Clinto.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a DUKW over over armyjeeps.net that sold recently for $80K. I doubt you have that much cash floating around to blow on mutilating a historical piece.

However, if you have a CCKW or G506 with no bed, and some boatmaking skills, you might be able to fabricate one up for a fraction of the cost! Then you can build it like you want, save some money and the DUKW guys can stop puking chunks.

txdodge43man

I saw a DUKW in Galveston last year that was a 4x4 they did not bob it they simply took out one axle. I think bobbing one would be a horribale thing to do unless the DUKW was to far go to restore. just my 2cents

RDUKW

You have got to be F***ing nuts to bob a DUKW! Rare pieces of history like that need to be preserved NOT DESTROYED. Sell it to someone who will care about it and go buy yourself a deuce to bob! It makes me sick when people want to destroy historical items. Send it down to me and I'll add it to my fleet of DUKW's to preserve.

Ryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks