• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed M35A3, Reputable Fabricator/Vendor?

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

New to the forum. Got the bug to own a bobbed M35A3, but don't have the resources to do the work myself. Searching the web I see several folks who've offered the service to "Bob" a Deuce, but seems like most of the info is from a couple years ago. Does anyone still offer this service? if so, who/what should I avoid? who does good work?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Menaces Nemesis

Menaces Nemesis

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, there are currently 2 bobbed M35A3s for sale on eBay right now.. Just thought I would mention that ;)
Thanks, I saw those. Just wanted to get some input on reputable sellers from authorities on the subject, also both Ebay auction trucks have winches... I'd rather go winchless (I was a little leery of the "slight axle leak" on one of the trucks too.)

I should've mentioned in the OP that I'd like advice regarding what to look for and ask for...

I'm just looking for the Maytag daily-driver with a standard bed. Are there wheel/tire options that are less problematic (not sure I'd want to go with the CTIS) that will also result in increased highway speed without altering suspension geometry? Are there muffler and/or sound deadening options to reduce cab noise? Has anyone come up with a nice compatible AC system yet?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

MN

Last edited:

Menaces Nemesis

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do,But I am a long ways from ya..
Thank You Sir...

Kinda like trying to find a really good gunsmith, I've accepted the fact that there might not be too many folks offering the equipment, service and intuition (and, given Murphy's Law, they're probably going to be out-of-state)

MN

Davis Welding

I have a bob kit for a 2. I am not sure if it is the same as a 3. I am down near Canon City and I can bob it for you. PM me if you are interested. I have to be in Denver tomorrow also!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks