• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Body removal

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a TM that includes body removal?
So far my observations are, remove all the hoses from the power steering/brake booster and fan control, unbolt master cylinder so it will stay with the chassis, unbolt all the cables from the starter, remove the stack mounts for the front harness and unhook the horn so the harness can stay with the body, 6 body mounts, unhook both shifter rods at shifter, remove park brake cables from calipers and supports so the cables can stay with body, Speedo cable, throttle cable,
Remove engine harness from EESS, It looks like the fuel tank needs to be removed, not sure why every picture I see of a chassis has the fuel tank in place when it is "hung" from the body? maybe it is easier just to let it "sit there" while the body is removed rather than completely removing it from underneath? I do see a large vent line that must be disconnected that goes from the rear of the tank through the body to the front of the tank, suction and return lines, fill pipe and vent line and of course the mounts, not sure yet about the fuel level wiring but pretty sure it goes with the body.
Oh yes the steering, have not figured that out yet other than just disconnecting it at the steering box.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told the rear of the body needs to be supported, is this true? if so can it be strapped to the B pillar?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
When all the connections are removed and up and off comes the frame the rear section is a bit floppy and should be supported. It wants to fold right behind the rear doors... see the splice and gap. Strap or 2x4 contraption.

Flipping and a flopping, CAMO

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, looks like strapping it to the B pillar will give it some support, now I am off to look for a short swivel 15/16 to get to that dang left front mount...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks