• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bolster Shackles?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been searching for shackles for the M796 Bolster trailer. I haven't been able to find any and don't know if I want to use some civy version. It says it the TM that there are 14 of these shackles. After counting out the set up, I'm thinking that the ones they use for the safety chains are the same as the tie downs. Is this true?
If so I'm going to pull those off, measure, and get the closest I can find.

If anyone has some spec's on these, or where I could find some, I would be very grateful.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there's some people out there w/ compete trailers. Would someone be willing to pull a shackle and give me some measurements?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll see what I can find tomorrow. Seems like mine has two kinds. The smaller version is very lose to civi common shapes, which i'm sure would be strong enough, but will check it tomorrow.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCN0011.jpgDSCN0010.jpgDSCN0002.jpgDSCN0007.jpgActually, there are 8 big shackles on the Bolster. Measuring them, they are an inch larger/longer then the ones on the 101A2 -you probably wouldn't be able to notice much difference. The ones on the 101A1, are the same as the small ones on the sides. The Big Ones are nice, but I want to have all of them - they can be handyDSCN0013.jpgDSCN0015.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks