• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a 101 cover. Well, maybe not.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I thought maybe the M116 Gen Trailer (since it was so long on the sides). Nope. I'd try it on the M105 but I don't have any bows. Good thing I have lots of trailers with no covers.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For now it's a generator cover. I'm not planning on towing the genset anywhere in the near future so the extra length is no big deal. The b*tch part is it hit 80 today and I'm inside 2 different trailers trying to put this tarp on by myself. Luckily the 116 is parked right behind the 101 so it was a bit easier.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is that an M103 cover? Because if so Maccus is looking for one.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll measure it and post. I think atankersdad is probably right about it being for a 105.

Okay these are all approx. It would have been easier measuring it while it was on the ground but I don't feel like taking it off at the moment

Front top corner seam to seam approx 68"
Side Front to Rear 109"
Side Top to Bottom 48"

I couldn't find a tag or NSN anywhere on it.

KsM715

Are you speaking of the tie-down strap, about center of the cover?

The strap with the snaps in the red circle in this pic.

My M105 covers have these on the inside (I think the cover in the pic is on that trailer inside out) My M101 covers do not have these straps. They snap around the the verticle board that sits right above the wheel well on a M105

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The strap with the snaps in the red circle in this pic.

My M105 covers have these on the inside (I think the cover in the pic is on that trailer inside out) My M101 covers do not have these straps. They snap around the the verticle board that sits right above the wheel well on a M105
Yes the cover was on inside out. I was so concerned about the length that I didn't pay attention to where the buckles were. Here's a picture with it on the correct way and also a close up of the snaps that KsM715 was talking about (now on the inside). I also remeasured the side wall length using a cloth tape vs a metal tape measure - 124". I'm fairly confident that it is from a 105 but obviously I'm not an expert (or pretending to be one).

I've had several people say they're interested in buying it but this is not something I'm willing to ship so unless you're local it's too expensive. If you are local or have someone that can swing by and pick it up PM me and I'll let it go for exactly what I paid for it.

Attachments