• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought M105--load out questions

SterlingDevelop

I bought a 105 out of Mechanicsburg, PA on Gl.
What size pintle do I need to hook this up??
Does anyone have experience picking these up?
I do not have a deuce, so I won't have lights or brakes for the two hr ride home.
What are the chances law enforcement is going to hassle me??

Thanks,
Brent

chill63

I use a 10 ton rated pintle to move my M105 around. It seems to work ok. As for the lights, I would recommend getting a set of magnetic trailer lights. You can pick up a kit at most auto parts stores or Walmart.

Xterratuff

That's what I have also, a 10 ton pintle. I went to Harbor frieght and got a set of the magnetic trailer lights for 20 bucks. They work great.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to SS :)

There have been some good threads recently on picking up a M105 with vehicles other then deuces. Just look at my pick up vehicle in this link and you will stop worrying so much. The only incompatible pintle problem I have ever had was when I tried to use a civilian 12000lbs lunette on the back of the deuce as the lunette is too small on the ID. Going the other way with a larger lunette on a smaller pintle has never been a problem even though it is not correct.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10769&postdays=0&postorder=asc
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=114460

The search feature is your best friend.

Towerguy1

I towed one home empty 60 miles with a GMC 1/2 ton Pickup with a 305. You could tell you were towing something, slowed me down a little but no problems stopping or pulling. Allow extra time and stopping space. I don't think I would tow with anything smaller. I used Magnetic lights to, no problem.

SterlingDevelop

Picked up the 105 today, with my son.
Had a great time. Security was almost nonexistent, after all the stuff on the GLwebsite, it makes you think that you'll have to endure 4 hour long lines and full body cavity searches.
Saw a bunch of the usual suspects there too, loading up tractor trailers and big rollbacks.
Anyway, I didn't bother to level the sucker out with the extended hitch, just put the magnetic lights on and went with it. Looks terrible, but towed fine. Got it home and hooked it up to the IFA, actually rides tail down about 3,4 inches now.
The guy loading said people show up with minivans and haul out 105s all the time.
I need a picture of THAT!!!

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I was just in Ft Polk, LA last weekend and was talking to the security guard at DRMO (which is new, the security guard, not THE security guard), he said they now have radiation detectors which are being set up and security will be going to the extreme in the next few months; so stand by!!!! :twisted: By the way if you had a radiation detector-why wouldn't it be at the main gate??????????? :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks