• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake conversion

NEIOWA

Need to convert air over hydraulic brakes to electric (12V) over hydraulic. Does anyone make a kit/set for this purpose? This particular application is M720 Dolly but I assume generically would be same/similar for any of the smaller mil. trailers 1/5t, bolster, etc.

Any advice? Will be doing several units.

Desert Rat

Question. Why convert? What's the intent? I may have some ideas but need to know what's going on to be of better assistance. What's the power unit pulling the trailer?

Desert Rat

You may want to convert the master brake cylinder from air to electric without messing around with the hydraulic system. One idea may be to look at an electrical system from a regular trailer to see if you can use some of the parts and systems in a conversion from the air system. Perhaps some type of actuator from the electrical system to be retrofitted to the master brake cylinder. I'm just shooting ideas from the hip. Hopefully it'll give you a start. Let me know how it goes.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you use one of those load master cyl's? The ones when you apply the brakes, the tounge slides forward any applyes the hyd brakes. The master cyl is mounted on the tounge and they work pretty well. The tounge applys the same amount of pressure as the tow vehicle. It's all self contained with the trailor so you don't have to modify the tow vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks