• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake lights not working

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So did you get your brake lights working ? It makes the thread useful to others when you post the solution to your problem when fixed.

EtherBop

I have similar problem. Serial, hazards, and turn signals operating normally. Quick fix seemed to be to replace the stoplight switch. Did that yesterday, but no change. Could someone offer some guidance?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have similar problem. Serial, hazards, and turn signals operating normally. Quick fix seemed to be to replace the stoplight switch. Did that yesterday, but no change. Could someone offer some guidance?
With the light switch set to power the lights, does connecting the two wires at the switch result in the lights coming on? If not, you may have a wiring issue. You did check the lightbulbs?

powerram250c

Okay so finally got around to fixing my brake light problem. Turned out must have just been the diaphragm that runs the contacts on the other side. I took shop air (150 psi) and pressurized the switch and had it hooked up to my multimeter. Reinstalled onto truck and plumbed everything back together, now I have brake lights! Thanks for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks