• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breakaway Lever

CJ5inFourWheelDrive

Hey all new member from Central PA here, recently picked up a nice M101A2 and though it needs a few minor things, the most perplexing is the breakaway lever. It appears to be fully engaged and bent. However, it tows just fine, rolls smooth by hand and breaks work well. As I've just started combing over the TM's, does anyone have an idea of what I might be looking at and if this lever is normally bent? Thanks all,
- CJ

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Push a screw driver under that tab(and pry it up) then push the lever back down. It should not be up like that. That position should lock the brakes on.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would take the lunette off and see what happened to the linkage. Take the 4 nuts off one side of the "swing arms" and tap them out of the housing. Then take out the bolt under the master cyl's bolts(shock absorber bolt). The lunette should pull right out after that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks