• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down near Ft lewis Wa, need a tow

Loco_Hosa

Hey yall, as I pulled into work today I went to park the Deuce. While parking, I was pushing on the brakes pretty good and then all of the sudden lost all pedal pressure. Luckly no one was injured, and there was no property damage, but I have a puddle of brake fluid under one of my wheels. This seems to be coming from inside the drum, so no easy fix today.

I am trying to get it from Tillicum back to 112th and canyon road. If I have to leave the truck here over night I can, but I REALLY don't want to.

Its in the Papa Johns parking lot in Tillicum, which is right near the Madigan gate of fort lewis. I can pay for fuel if you need it, but I could REALLY use a hand if anyone is in the area.

253-686-0117. Please call or text me.

(Sorry for bad grammer, in a hurry and on the clock)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a.blown.wheel cylinder. Might could unhook.that steel line and cap.it.then bleed the brakes. Very temp but could get you home.

BadMastard

I've got the tow bars and my a3 setup for picking him up this evening. If anyone has an earlier/easier setup, give me shout or let him know!

Jerry 801 721 4791

Katahdin

I liked Recovry4x4's temporary solution, but when I replaced my steel lines I couldn't budge them with a line wrench. I ended up cutting the line with bolt cutters and removing the fittings with a 6 sided socket. Maybe cutting the line and crimping it with vice grips would work?

hwcurtice

Yeah, SS Guys are always willing to help out. Wish I could, but I don't have anything to tow with and don't know enough about these to even turn a wrench yet.

Keep us up to date. A recovery is a recovery... is a rescue!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rock on BadMastard! :beer:

But remember to take pics

C

wsucougarx

Wow im convinced youve got angels riding with you. If you lost your brakes any sooner it would probably be a completely different story as I know the traffic around there is pretty bad. Time for thank you prayers if you haven't already said them. Good on you Henderson for your rescue op

Last edited:

BadMastard

Thanks Henderson. and everyone else. Joe is safe at home and it only cost him two pizzas. So is his deuce, to his delight. Unfortunately it was too dark for photos, but the A3 pulled him home just fine, and my fire breathing girl steered the patient while Joe ran interference in his chevy. The tow bar is officially broken in. There will be beer and pizza later! Good Night Chesty Puller, where ever you are.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear it worked out and you got her home safe. Definately sounds like a bad wheel cylinder. Easy to fix and not too expensive.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Henderson. and everyone else. Joe is safe at home and it only cost him two pizzas. So is his deuce, to his delight. Unfortunately it was too dark for photos, but the A3 pulled him home just fine, and my fire breathing girl steered the patient while Joe ran interference in his chevy. The tow bar is officially broken in. There will be beer and pizza later! Good Night Chesty Puller, where ever you are.

Good job!!!:beer:

Loco_Hosa

Well, sorry I didnt post up last night, but yes I am home safe and sound. Last night I was so exhausted I just went to bed.

The truck is most likely going to sit for a little while, I need to worry about finding a new home and getting stuff at work settled down.

Luckily I have the parts for the truck, but this is a scary thing. I just cant help but think about how much disaster could have happened if it had failed 15 mins earlier. I need to pull all six drums off and inspect everything correctly.

srodocker

Yea we can tow it to the mini rally if oyu want to wait that long. you can order 6 rebuild kits for about 5$ per

Wheel Cylinder Rebuild Kit, M35 2.5 Ton, F3619 NSN 2530-00-529-4209. or just new cyl

Wheel Cylinder For M35 2.5 Ton Series Trucks, 7348976 / 7411010 / 4419 / 172-361

i have 6 at hand if you want one to get yours back on the road.

if you want aug 27th theres a show at olympia airport from 2pm-8pm its a wheels and wings show to show off trucks you can roll with me if the fiance doesnt come. if she does she can drive herself muahahhahah

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks