• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burma Jeep Information

Grusqwatch

Hello Everyone,
I have been checking the forums for information.
I have just acquired the Burma Jeep from dozenjeeps from the site here.
The Burma Jeep actually seems in very nice shape to me, considering it is almost 70 years old. I have gotten other vehicles in ALOT worse shape.
I have started to clean 'Pugsley' up with some vaccuuming and brushing. I am getting ready to at least drop the oil pan and make sure there are no unwanted pieces in the pan. With that being said, is the oil pan gasket from EGGE Machine Company - Parts and Services for Nostalgic Motors, what i am looking for?
I do have the manual TM-10-1435, which is for the Cargo variation, i believe. Is there a manual for the Bomb Hoist model, which is what i believe i have?
I do have a newer bomb hoist that i will most likely fit to this bed, unless i have a generous windfall.
I will be looking for the usual items, like a passenger seat and anything that may go on the bomb hoist bed.
I have attached a couple pictures as well.
Any information from my numbers would be appreciated as well.
Where would the numbers be on the frame? i gave a cursory glance and couldn't locate them.
Thanks in advance for the information.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Check with ebay seller "cybersurplusmart", they may sell you the complete bomb hoist they have that is correct for your truck. The 226 gasket you list is correct. Thank the good Lord you have the engine cover and data plates. You will have to fabricate the pass seat from a pattern or measurements. I think the frame number is on the side or top of the frame above the front axle, I think on the driver's side. There is a breakdown on the production numbers in a MVPA "Army Motors" article from the late 1980's I believe.

Grusqwatch

Awesome, thnx for the heads up.
I will check to make sure numbers match, pretty sure they will.
I checked Ebay and didn't see the hoist for sale from that seller.
I will keep looking.

Grusqwatch

A couple more questions I have are:
Did the bomb hoist version have a hydro-vac system on it?
What is the data tag at the top of the engine cover? you can just see the bottom half of the tag in question on the first picture in the above post. There is nothing on it that i can see or bring up.
Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shift pattern. The seller with the bomb crane is Parramore Surplus, they have a web site. Make sure you visit over at G503, there is tons of Burma info there.

Blythewoodjoe

I have one in about the same shape as yours. Mine is missing the engine cover. A guy up north ended up with it at the auction I bought mine at. I did take some pictures of it so at least I know what is on it. I would suggest you go to the G503 site for more info. There are a lot of guys over there that do a lot more with the Ford GTB than we do on here. I think this link will take you to the section most likely to have GTB stuff in it.

G503.com Message Forums • View forum - Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton

If that doesn't work just go to www.g503.com and click the message boards. I hope to one day get mine moving, but I have too many projects ahead of it.

Joe

flyingj

I don't believe the data plate on the top of the engine cover is a shift pattern, but I am also trying to determine what it is. I have a shift pattern plate in addition to the illegible plate at the top.

Any other thoughts on what that top plate could be?

Attachments

Last edited:

rxinhed

GTB Bomb truck

I found a GTB bomb truck in a yard today, has most of the assembly, I'd gather...but is not a complete vehicle. The interior engine/trans cover is there, too. I'll forward information about the yard if you like. PM or email for pics.

Russell
montero_ranch@yahoo.com

Oct05_0023.jpg

Grusqwatch

Replacement Tubes and Flaps

Anyone have replacement numbers for tubes and flaps?
Just got my rims back from blasting and painting and want to get them mounted.
Just trying to save a bit of leg work if the information is already out there.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks