• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burst heater hose.

txmytx_catahoula

Not that it's really needed, but here is another PRIME example of the CUCV creedo. If it's electric CLEAN it, If it's rubber REPLACE it.

On the way to work today I drove past all the usual chemical plants, heard all the usual plant noises, smelled all the usual plant smells. As I reached the last plant, there it was, the regular sweet smell of antifreeze. Usually it ends there, this time it continued even though I was way up wind. Then I saw little drops appear on the rear window. I was able to pull over fairly quickly only ended up losing a couple of gallons of coolant from the upper heater hose split.

A year ago I removed and replaced the motor. Did I replace the belts...yes, replace the vacuum hoses...yes, clean all the electrical connections while the engine was out...yes, replace the front & rear main seals...yes, the front trans seal...yes, the engine and transfer case mounts...yes, radiator hoses...no, they were new on the replacement engine, replace the heater hoses..........why the @$#*^ didn't I replace those. Absolutely no excuse!!!

Blaze is patched up for now, but THIS weekend those heater hoses are getting replaced!

txmytx_catahoula

:cookoo:? I don't think so! I used to do that with my '87 wrangler when I used it to travel to Montana from South Texas for the summer. Again, no excuse for not having already done this for the Blaze!

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm presently going through the cooling system on my M1009. It's becoming an example of the domino effect. Found a hole in the heater hose. Both hoses were lined with rust colored crud. Decided to flush out the heater core and found what looks like mud. Decided to flush the radiator. Opened bottom petcock, plugged. Pulled radiator out. More mud, crud and rust. Radiator is being cleaned/repaired now. I will be replacing the water pump and thermostat since they are easy to get to now. I'll also be replacing that little rubber hose between the thermostat housing and heater line. What purpose does that hose serve? Bypass? Min-Flow? Recirculation?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks