• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Busted fuel line need imput on what to fix with

goatijoe

The main fuel line from the tank started spaying right there at the frame where it goes thou.aua What is the best thing to fix the line with. does any one know what the fuel pressure is in that line?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's copper tubing right there.

A simple fix wouldl be to cut it at the leak and use a short piece of rubber fuel line to splice it back together.

Less than 15 psi.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cut out the section and splice a new section in with compression fittings, or if access is available cut the line and install a union (bulkhead fitting) w/ compression fittings. Fuel pressure will not be an issue. Quick field repair is hose clamps and rubber hose.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:
What comes from the tank(pump) is only at low pressure, 5-7 psi.
The best way: replace that section. Its' only a short piece of 1/2" copper tube, with a 90deg elbow, flared for the (stock) nuts.
Agree with Doghead and Scar59: maybe the quickest way, as a temporary fix, I would cut the line - before the frame and beyond that bend - then stick a piece of rubber hose over the ends and use clamps to hold in place.

G.

goatijoe

Thanks Yall I will have too look into it after i get off from work today. It may be a quest to find parts today better scope what i need and get the supply's tomorrow. :doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks