• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buyer Beware with GL Auctions

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As most of us know when working with GL, what you see is not always what you get.

It has been brought to my attention that there is an auction ending next week that has some items that are NOT what is pictured in the listings. The Lot numbers are off slightly. Imagine that!!!

Remember this fiasco?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/37067-huge-grayling-deuce-auction.html

And resently this one?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/general-gl-questions/89536-m936-unavailable-after-winning.html

So do your due diligence and inspect your items you are bidding on or you may regret your decision.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys want to believe what they see and read. I bought a truck once that says RUNS. Well, it did run. However, they never mentioned the clunking noise. There is no way that should have been a truck that they touted as RUNS. At best, they should have said RUNS, BUT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE LEFT A WRENCH IN THE BELLHOUSING! That was one of the few trucks that I bought without inspecting (or having someone else inspect). I won't do it again. WARTHOG, thanks for the sage advice!

KsM715

Has anyone contacted GL and informed them of the mistakes? I have seen mistakes in lot numbers before (in person) and told the GL rep onsite and the lots were pulled and re-listed later with the corrected photos.

Whitey

Justin at Ft. Meade and Sarah before him were really good about correcting mistakes. I think in the long run it's way easier for them to fix it before the auction. Hope it gets straightened out.

-Whitey

steelandcanvas

Not to start a GL bashing thread, but when I went to pick up my Deuce at Ft. Carson, the GL employee pointed to one of two Deuces present, and said that one is yours. I had all my paperwork with me and immediately checked the serial numbers on the frames and dashboard dataplates. I informed him he was incorrect, the other Deuce was the one I bought. A short disussion ensued as to no way could he be wrong, and I altered his opinion. Without proof and proving ownership, I might have recovered the wrong vehicle. The other Deuce was won a few days later by McMullag, a fellow Club Member. Buyer BEWARE! Have all your paperwork with you and don't assume anything! aua

Last edited:

Bighurt

I buy a lot out of Minot, and like Wreckerman I have a good repoire with the GL guy. I stop in and preview things pretty regularly. He always gives me the skinny and I trust his information. He has a lot on his plate for a part time guy but he remembers the lots pretty well.

That being said I agree always preview, otherwise you have no one to blame but yourself. I buy a lot sight unseen, Pretty much everything out of state was by picture. I've lucked out in most cases, the M915a1 was a nightmare but it could have been worse. However I don't blame GL at all. They aren't a used car lot, they sell thousands of items per day if not per hour. It's impossible for them to give each one the attention some people demand.

When i won my M925, it was a gamble. Had it not operated I already had made arrangements with a scrapper to pay me for the truck. I would have lost on the deal but like we often say, you takes your chances lifes a gamble.

Never assume and the only dumb question is the one not asked.

Thanks Warthog!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks