• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a m105 tomorrow anything I need to know before the purchase

V8srfun

I am looking at a m105 tomorrow. I know nothing about them other than it is the correct trailer for my m35a2. I gave it a quick once over today when I saw it on the side of the road. It appears to be in decent condition with little rust.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an 105A2 and an A3 trailer. Mainly make sure stuff works, and the less rust the better. Price should be what you want to get out of it. A show queen will be pricey, but a worker may need a little TLC and be much less. Good luck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

V8srfun

I believe it is a a2 but I did not have much time to look as I was working at the time. Tomorrow will shed more light as far as condition and functions are concerned.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the back end of an A3 trailer. A2 will be like the truck with lights underneath.IMG_20200129_103721009_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As founding member of the M105 trailer haters of America, I will encourage you to pass on these pain in the butt trailers that have these crappy qualities:
Can't back them up worth a darn
Hitching up with the first generation landing wheel requires 4 people
They are too high to put anything like a 4 wheeler or tractor in
They always rust here there and everywhere

tobyS

I'm an m105 fan.....lots of good parts. Really....it matches your m35 so go for it.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

NDT: I have no problem backing mine up, I open the rear curtain on the truck bed and look out the rear cab window so I can see the trailer, easy.

SLATE: And as mentioned, just make sure everything on the trailer works.

I think the A2 was the best configuration for the M105 trailer.

Your M35 is'nt compleat without a M105.

You gotta have the set!

;)

Good luck with your purchase.

Aussie.

tobyS

Most like "original" but there are a couple of tire and wheel combinations that work too. While you can dual up the budd originals with 9.00, it puts the width 2" beyond the legal 8'6". Bolster wheels like the M1061 has can work, using 12.5 x 16.5" tire or a hummer tire ( my favorite). Or you can use the M35A3 wheel and (???) tire. Or go to budds like the 19.5" (Isuzu rim) which comes in at 8'2" wide with 31" tires --- on tubeless rims. I'm not suggesting, just offering that there are a few options beyond the OEM reversed budd 2 piece rims.

They make great "parts" trailers too....bed, tongue, springs and frame mounts (bobbers), brake unit (for air over hydraulic), lights, axle (darn heavy).....if u are a fabricator (and "bobbed deuce" may be in your future).

I look around the nameplates for rust and old age. Clean and nice nameplate is indicator of the rest of the trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

V8srfun

Well I went to look closer today and one had a really nice frame but the box was rusty. And the other one that I had my eye on had a really nice box but the frame was shot(cracked). I may try to negotiate a deal for both so I can build one decent trailer and have some extra parts on the side. But we will see if I can get the right deal.

FloridaAKM

Buy it & you will be glad you did, just don't pay too much for it. I have a few of them & they are great for storing stuff or hauling darn near anything you can get in them. Their ground clearance is a pain unless you have a forklift, tractor or small crane to load them with.

Phoenix77

Well I went to look closer today and one had a really nice frame but the box was rusty. And the other one that I had my eye on had a really nice box but the frame was shot(cracked). I may try to negotiate a deal for both so I can build one decent trailer and have some extra parts on the side. But we will see if I can get the right deal.
I don't know if you like road trips, but I have an M105A2 trailer in really good shape with regards to rust - it has what appears to be a ceramic bed liner applied, the paint is in great shape, and all the lights work. I accidentally bought this before researching what is the correct trailer for my M998.

V8srfun

I don't know if you like road trips, but I have an M105A2 trailer in really good shape with regards to rust - it has what appears to be a ceramic bed liner applied, the paint is in great shape, and all the lights work. I accidentally bought this before researching what is the correct trailer for my M998.
thanks for the offer but I dont know my truck well enough yet to want to take that far if a drive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks