• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab like an onion

mutt_r

During my Deuce restoration project I found this. The cab was having a sheet of metal over another sheet of metal, two layers. Is this normal? Or was this the try to repair something? I removed the outer layer and the inner layer is not as worst as I expected. Further the inner sheet of metal is having the old paint.

The pictures are showing the cab as it came from blasting. I already removed the first layer.

Img_2747_2.jpgImg_2745_2.jpgImg_2746_2.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I agree with gungearz. I've had a couple trucks with the most awful patch work I've ever seen, straight from service.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If a vehicle is damaged while dispatched to an assigned driver there is often an investigation and if the driver is found liable he is made to sign a "Statement of Charges" and a determined amount can be withheld from his pay until the amount is paid. In some cases there would be an effort made to do a "midnight repair" on a vehicle to cover someone's butt. To get a good repair the vehicle had to go to a "Third Shop" maintainence facility. Those shops had welders and sheet metal workers that could do decent repair jobs although sometimes the truck would be gone for months due to the lag in the supply lines.

welldigger

My cowl has been "repaired" that way. I'm just going to clean up the welds and move on since its not horribly noticeable as is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks